Each year, as we reflect back it’s incredible to see not only how quick the year has flown by but also how things remain relatively similar, year on year, on year.
At the start of the year, we learnt to live with COVID-19, saw staff shortages across pretty much all sectors and increased cost of living start to impact our daily lives. If there is one thing that seems to be certain, it is that uncertainty will remain.
In all the noise there’s been a number of milestones occur this year that’s worth mentioning:
- Queen Elizabeth II celebrated her Platinum Jubilee
- Beijing hosts the Winter Olympics
- Emmanuel Macron is re-elected via a runoff.
- NASA launches Artemis 1 – Modern Moon Program
- Queen Elizabeth II passes away seeing King Charles take the throne.
- RBA increases interest rates to the highest in 10 years.
- India closes the gap to China to become the most populous country in the world. It’s expected to surpass China in early 2023, if not before!
With all the news, it’s an important reminder to focus in on what we can control – in life, investing and in business.
Credit: Carl Richards, The Behavior Gap
I’d like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for continuing to support Cosca and we look forward to working with you in 2023!
Our offices will be closed from 1:30pm, Wednesday 21st December, reopening at 9am on Monday 9th January. If anything happens over the break that you need assistance with, please ring our office and emergency contact details will be available for you.
Finally, on behalf of the team at Cosca I’d like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very safe and happy Christmas and New Year.